Framework v2 Development news

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:17 PM

This is just a quick note to advise the v2 Framework is still being worked on - it's a more complex beast than the v1 Framework, with inter-server dependencies and threading to consider among other challenges. I'm still hoping for an Alpha to be released by the end of the year...  though this may slip a bit.

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Hi BIMonkey, I am currently reviewing framework version 1, but I am curious about version 2. Also I had to upgrade the packages to SSIS 2008. Can I download a beta release? I assume that version 2 is based on 2008?

Thanks,

Bas

Dec 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Hi there. v2 is still in pre-Alpha stage - i'm hoping for a late dec release of the Alpha if possible. It will also be in 2005 - the reason for this is purely so a wider audience can use it - upgrading the packages & database to 2008 makes no difference to them but renders them useless to users with only 2005.

It's early days yet but it does look like 2011 will require some changes though.

Cheers

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Just another update to say the project is still alive - the start of the year has been a bit crazy at work so has delayed progress, but work is still going on!

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Hello

a feature request :-)

could you attach the SSIS System Variable ExecutionInstanceGUID to the individual runs?

Then it would be possible to join with the logging table sysssislog, and extract error messages etc.

/Kasper

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Hello,
I have long waited for v2...but no progress since a long time..
I have created a separate framework which is derived from this ETL Framework:
http://mojomoetlframework.codeplex.com/
maybe someone find it useful!